The monk Huaisu, originally going by the surname Qian and the style name Cangzhen, was a native of Changsha (or Lingling) in Hunan. Achieving renown in his hometown for cursive script, he later headed north to Chang-an, where famous people at the time presented poetry in admiration of his calligraphy. In the "dingsi" year of the Dali reign (corresponding to 777), he transcribed these verses of praise along with a preface by the master calligrapher Yan Zhenqing to compose this handscroll. Some of the lines here refer to natural phenomena or use exaggerated phrases to describe the beauty of Huaisu's cursive script. Other passages praise him as an inheritor of the "wild and crazy" cursive script of Zhang Xu in his pursuit of unusual and unbridled qualities. The entire work was done with fine yet strong brushwork, the features continuous throughout for an unlimited range of unusual expressions, making this the ultimate in the art of cursive script.
All Giclée are developed on P-TEX with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a limited edition warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Hand-made brocade collection box
Hand-made brocade box, using three-dimensional colorful jacquard technique, is interwoven with dragon patterns which symbols royal emperor and turtle back patterns which symbols long living. It is an eclectic design of elegance and grandeur. With glossy brocade, the package gives you a very nice visual and tactile perception, imparting more distinguished quality. The thoughtful design of the inside of box can keep the picture and guaranteed card properly for a long time. It is also convenient to take out the picture for appreciation at any time.
Packing size : Inner package-13.5×12×38.5cm、Outer boxz-14.5×13×40cm
Appendix : limited edition warranty card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.