Fan Kuan has long been considered a founding master of Chinese landscape painting. Unfortunately, little is known about him, including his birth and death dates. However, he apparently lived in reclusion in the Chung-nan and Tai-hua Mountains, and in later years traveled between K'ai-feng and Loyang. He never became an official and was still living around 1025. This is universally regarded as an authentic work of his and representative of Sung landscape painting, especially the Northern Sung monumental manner. The artist's purpose here apparently was not to replicate realistic space. Rather, by cleverly manipulating the basic compositional blocks of the fore, middle, and background, he could push back the main mountain peak, reign in the middleground, and focus on the minute travelers in the foreground. With the dramatic contrast between tiny figures and towering central mountains, the artist created an interesting scene placing the viewer in the midst of a monumental landscape. In the lower right corner, hidden among the trees, is the brief signature "Fan Kuan", and in the lower left is the seal "Chung-hsiao chih chia" (Of the Family of Chung-hsiao). The latter belonged to Chien Hsieh, a friend of the Northern Sung literary great Su Shih.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality rice paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
尺寸 : 5.6×5.6×40cm
附件 : 典藏說明卡
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5.The margin of 1 cm along the printing is set to protect and for framing. If you have special framing requirements, please leave a message in "Add Comments About Your Order".
6. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
7. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
8. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
9. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.