At the beginning of the Meiji era in 1872, the steam operated train was just introduced in Japan. It ran from Tokyo Shinbashi to Yokohama Port, passing through the present Ukiyo-e of the Takanawa Hill in Shinagawa. It witnessed the acceptance of Western advanced technology after the Japan Meiji reform. Steam powered trains use mechanical power to transport people and goods at high speed and over long distance. The Ukiyo-e painting of Takanawa steam train by the last Ukiyo-e painter Utagawa Kuniteru not only reflects the local scenery and architecture of the Takanawa (now Shinagawa) of more than 140 years ago, but also the gentlemen and ladies in Eastern clothing style and the labor dressing of the lower class from the Meiji reform. Furthermore, the street has pedestrians from different society classes using traffic such as manpower carts, human rickshaws and horse carriages, thus showing the clothing and transporting styles of different classes. The steaming trains of modern railways drove the passenger towards the direction of Tokyo. The scenes of these spatiotemporal backgrounds, characters and technology are preserved by Kuniteru Master's painting through using the Ukiyo-e colorful woodcut watermarking technique, which is vivid and possessed historical value.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality rice paper with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with an exquisite warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
1. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4.The margin of 2 cm along the printing is set to protect and for framing. If you have special framing requirements, please leave a message in "Add Comments About Your Order".
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.