Ma Yüan (sobriquet Ch'in-shan) was originally a native of Ho-chung, but his family later moved to Ch'ien-t'ang (modern Hangchou). He served as Painter-in-Attendance during the reigns of Kuang-tsung and Ning-tsung (1190–1224). From grandfather to son, the entire family court painters. Willows grow on the bank of a stream, orioles chirp, and a scholar in white robes wearing a translucent stiff cap walks in solitude, followed by servant boy carrying a lute. It is like the poem inscribed by Ning-tsung which reads, "The wild flowers dance when brushed by my sleeve; The reclusive birds make no sound, shunning man's presence. "Ma Yüan's use of brush was heavy and coarse and his rendering of drapery was decisive, often using the so-called "nail-head" brush strokes and pointed "rat-tai1" strokes. His use of ink includes many layers of light and dark washes. This is the thirteenth leaf from the album Ming-hui chi-chen.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.