Li Tang, a native of Ho-yang, is also said to have lived from about 1070 to after 1150. He served in the Hanlin Academy of Painting under Emperor Hui-tsung (r. 1101-1125) of the Northern Sung. Sometime between 1127 and 1130, after the fall of the Northern Sung in 1126 to northern invaders, Li escaped to the south, where the government became re-established as the Southern Sung (1127-1279) at Hangchow. There he re-entered the Painting Academy, which was set up during the period from 1131 and 1162. He went on to receive the title of Gentleman of Complete Loyalty and the prestigious Gold Belt. Li Tang's signature appears on a slender peak to the left and reads, "Painted by Li Tang of Ho-yang in spring of the chia-chen year 1124 of the Hsuan-ho Reign of the Great Sung." By this time, Li was already advanced in age, but his brushwork is still quite strong and inspired. With the main peak located in the center, clouds wrap around high and low peaks on either side. The cliffs and peaks are imposing and rugged, and their texturing was done using brush strokes similar to wood chopped by an axe (and hence became known as "axe-cut" strokes). Li Tang employed a high distance compositional formula to make the atmosphere appear solemn. However, he also expanded the composition in front to include foreground woods and streams, which make the scene more intimate and closer to the viewer, and hence more comprehensible as a natural landscape. This trend towards closer visions continue in Sung painting, making this work an important forerunner of the intimate style of Southern Sung landscape painting.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality rice paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
尺寸 : 5.6×5.6×40cm
附件 : 典藏說明卡
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5.The margin of 1 cm along the printing is set to protect and for framing. If you have special framing requirements, please leave a message in "Add Comments About Your Order".
6. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
7. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
8. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
9. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.