This work depicts a maple forest in autumn with a scene of a herd of deer frolicking and resting. It is very close in size and style to another work in the National Palace Museum collection, "Herd of Deer in an Autumnal Grove. "Neither of these works bear the seal or signature of the artist, but scholars have suggested that they may have come from a larger continuous screen or series of screen paintings, having once been part of the same set. No blank space is left in the painting as the deer look up and out or have their ears standing at attention in a very lifelike manner. The bodies of the deer were rendered using haloes of wash, the surrounding trees done with the "boneless" painting method of washes. The colors are gorgeous, yielding an exceptionally decorative manner. The painting is brimming with archaism, but the painting and coloring methods differ from Chinese traditions, which is why this work has been considered representative of Liao dynasty painting from the latter half of the tenth century.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.