Tags: Birds and Flowers
Yun Shouping, the Qing master of flower painting, combined an attitude in painting of “sketching from life” along with methods of the ancients. This leaf from Yun Shou-ping’s “Album of Imitating Antiquity” depicts two stalks of peonies (one in full bloom and the other as a bud) in the “boneless” technique of washes originally developed by the Northern Song painter Xu Chongsi (fl. latter half of 10th c.) combined with the artist’s own method. Yun Shou-ping once said that to paint flowers with utmost liveliness, one must depict them in as many poses and situations as possible while trying to make viewers almost feel they can smell their fragrance. The entire work here is done in “boneless” washes, in which lines of ink for outlining the forms are abandoned. Layers of washes were directly applied, to which colors were added for the veins and outlines. The use of colors is bright and pure, giving the work an original style all its own.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "Album of Imitating Antiquity-Peonies, Yun Shou-ping".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.