Tags: Birds and Flowers
Yun Shouping originally had the name Ge and the style name Shouping, by which he later went. A native of Wujin in Jiangsu, he at first excelled at landscape painting but later felt that he could not compete with the master Wang Hui (1632 – 1717), turning to flowers instead. His style derives from the “boneless” method of washes used by Xu Chongsi (fl. latter half of 10th c.), but with his own interpretation as well. Yun became a master of flower painting in the Qing dynasty. This painting uses the “broken branch” composition of flower painting, but in a hanging scroll format instead, which is not often seen in the works of Yun Shouping. Here, the peony is the flower of wealth and nobility, the cypress represents longevity, and the magnolia (which in Chinese has the character for “jade”) signifies the expression “wealth and position in halls of jade.” These common auspicious subjects are rendered in an elegant and refined style of painting. The peony with its gorgeous colors, however, is here shown with pure and elegant hues that suggest wealth but not arrogance, creating a beautiful yet not gaudy character, which is exactly why Yun Shouping was so admired as an artist.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "Flowers and Plants, Yun Shouping".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.