Giuseppe Castiglione (1688 – 1766), also known by his Chinese name Lang Shih-ning, was a Jesuit missionary from Italy. Known for his exceptionally fine skill in painting, his work was appreciated by 3 emperors and he painted for the Ch’ing court. In China, he excelled at painting figures and animals. This work shows a plain with a hundred horses at leisure in various poses. Every detail was realistically done. The beautiful coloring, intricate composition, and compelling realism reveals a fusion of Eastern and Western techniques. Traditional Chinese techniques were combined with Western shading and perspective as well as Western materials, revealing a true meeting of East and West. This work is representative of Castiglione’s early style.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "One Hundred Horses, Giuseppe Castiglione".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.