Giuseppe Castiglione, called Lang Shih-ning in Chinese, was a native of Milan, Italy. When he became a Jesuit at the age of nineteen, he already excelled at painting and architecture. At twenty-seven, he journeyed to China as a missionary and was summoned to the Imperial Court, where he served under the K’ang-hsi, Yung-cheng and Ch’ien-lung emperors. He is known for his paintings of dogs and horses. This “piebald” is a tribute horse which was presented to the imperial Court by Koruin Giynn Wang of Nomun Eehetu (in Sinkiang) and painted by Castiglione in 1743. The horse is almost life-size in scale, indicating that Castiglione probably painted it from life.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "Snow-Flake Eagle, Giuseppe Castiglione".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.