This work represents scholars gathered for a feast at a table under large trees by a pond. In front are servants at a small table preparing tea; one of them holds a long-handled spoon and scoops ground tea leaves in the custom of tea drinking popular since the Tang dynasty(618-907). The modeling of gentlemen’s expressions and the rendering of their garments are quite convincing. The bamboo and trees were painted using the double outline method (shuang-kou). Each stroke was carefully brushed with surety and strength, like strands of iron. The setting here is extravagant, differing from the simplicity of literary gatherings in the Five Dynasties. In the Northern Sung, garden settings sere elaborate, reflecting developments at the time. Although Emperor Hui-tsung’s poem is in the upper right(with his signature at the left) and an inscription by prime minister Ts’ai Ching in the upper left, they appear dubious. Yet, it still appears to have been done by a famous court painter.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "Literary Gathering, Emperor Hui-tsung".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.