Detailed Ceremonials (Qu Li) is part of the Book of Rites. One commentary notes, "Qu Li is a detailed discussion of ceremonial affairs.” It discusses 5 kinds of rituals for auspiciousness (worship), misfortune (e.g., funerals), diplomatic protocol, the military, and court ceremonies. These 3 lines in cursive script feature 4 sentences from Qu Li: "Arrogance shouldn't develop; desires shouldn't be indulged; ambition shouldn't be uncurbed; pleasures shouldn't go to extremes." In the lower left is a seal for "The Heart is Boundless." The brushwork is rich and strong, turning naturally. Individual characters have varying sizes and structures; "bu ke 不可" is repeated but done differently, revealing ingenuity. Strokes also suggest Huaisu's cursive script.
The creativity of this item is inspired by National Palace Museum's collection, "Four Phrases from Detailed Ceremonials".
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.