The Ming emperor Xuanzong (Zhu Zhanji) enjoyed composing poems and doing paintings. According to the signature on this work, it was done in the second year of the Xuande reign (1427) by Xuanzong at the Chinese age of 29. It vividly and warmly depicts joy in the relationships found in a family of gibbons. Squatting on a rock, the mother gibbon clasps her baby, the father having plucked loquats for them. The youth has its left arm around its mother's neck and reaches out for the fruit teasingly presented by its father on the other bank of the stream. The varied poses of the gibbons with their animated expressions and actions are complemented by the expressive texture of fur rendered ingeniously with light and dark as well as wet and dry applications of ink. The lines for the thorny shrubs, bamboo, reeds, and water ripples in the setting are also natural and fluid.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.