Bearing the signature "Painted by the Servitor Ma Yuan", this work depicts part of a branch in a succinct composition rendered with fine brushwork and delicate colors. The verse inscribed in small regular script by Empress Yang (1162-1233 CE) reads, "Facing the breeze with fine charm, moist dew shows off the beauty of rouge." Next to the inscription are impressions of her two seals, one for "Kungua" and the other for "Yang xing hanmo". It is estimated that this work was done sometime after 1202 CE, when she was crowned Empress. The apricot blossoms range from buds to those in full bloom and withering petals. The colors likewise go from red to lighter shades, the petals themselves being pure white. The apricot branch extends from left to right, with the petals washed in white also featuring some parts with red washes, adding a touch of pink to the whiteness in the petals. The flower buds are in pink and the small buds are red. Showing a range of blossoms from buds to full bloom, this work reveals the artist's delicate observation and his ability to grasp fine details in nature.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality silk with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Warranty Card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.