Li An-chung served in the Painting Academy during the Xuanhe era (1119-1125) of Emperor Huizong's reign in the Northern Song. After the Jingkang Disaster of 1126, he reassumed his position in the Shaoxing era (1131-1162) of Gaozong's reign in the Southern Song. This painting of a Chinese great gray shrike is signed "Painted by the Military Classicist Li Anzhong," the signature providing important reference material for the artist. The bird and bamboo are done in the double-outline method, while the thorny branch is rendered in the "boneless" wash method, giving it a "sketchy" feel. The ochre with ink brushwork added to it increases the sense of volume. Light and dark ink were used to dot the outlines of the shrike, a background of color wash then applied to highlight the white portions. Other colors were added to the light ink of the fine feathers to create rich layering. The diverse and exquisite techniques bring out a sense of life, revealing precisely the transition from Northern Song realism to the style of Southern Song spirit harmony.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality silk with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum’s security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Seal of painting album
Its design is based on international boutique-class packaging to create the seal of painting album. The seal is wrapped with art paper that has import material feeling. On the surface of the paper, three-dimensional bronzing treatment is applied to give a mature, restraining, and fashionable style.
Painting is wrapped with fine silky materials to isolate it from moisture and light damage. With large-gram thick paper used as substrate and a special design, the painting is well protected from any damage during transportation. The package is quite handy and convenient for transportation.
Packing size : 38×32×0.2cm
Appendix : Warranty Card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5.The margin of 1 cm along the printing is set to protect and for framing. If you have special framing requirements, please leave a message in "Add Comments About Your Order".
6. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
7. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
8. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
9. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.