Fan Kuan has long been considered a founding master of Chinese landscape painting. Unfortunately, little is known about him, including his birth and death dates. However, he apparently lived in reclusion in the Chung-nan and Tai-hua Mountains, and in later years traveled between Kai-feng and Loyang. He never became an official and was still living around 1025. This is universally regarded as an authentic work of his and representative of Sung landscape painting, especially the Northern Sung monumental manner. The artist's purpose here apparently was not to replicate realistic space. Rather, by cleverly manipulating the basic compositional blocks of the fore, middle, and background, he could push back the main mountain peak, reign in the middleground, and focus on the minute travelers in the foreground. With the dramatic contrast between tiny figures and towering central mountains, the artist created an interesting scene placing the viewer in the midst of a monumental landscape. In the lower right corner, hidden among the trees, is the brief signature "Fan Kuan", and in the lower left is the seal "Chung-hsiao chih chia" (Of the Family of Chung-hsiao). The latter belonged to Chien Hsieh, a friend of the Northern Sung literary great Su Shih.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality silk with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Paulownia Collection Box
Paulownia box has a fine and beautiful luster and texture of wood. On the surface, three-dimensional stamping treatment is applied to add a warm and natural touching. This special material can effectively isolate moisture and dust. It has light quality that is uneasy to deform and wear-resistant and insect-resistant features to provide high preserving conditions for paintings. It is a very good gift suitable to give others or save for your own collection purpose. The interior design of the box can properly handle scroll of pictures, avoiding damage caused by transportation. The box is quite handy and convenient for transportation.
Packing size : Inner package-9×9×122cm、Outer boxz-12×12×125cm
Appendix : Warranty Card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.