Lang Shining is the Chinese name of the Italian Giuseppe Castiglione, a native of Milan who entered the Jesuit priesthood at the age of 19, taking up the study of painting and architecture. At 27 he journeyed to China as a missionary and served the Qing court. He excelled at Western techniques to render subjects. On a gentle slope where rose bushes bloom are two pairs of red-crested cranes, one adult and the other chicks. An adult stands on one leg and careens its neck to preen its feathers while the other looks back and down at the two chicks who have yet to molt, as if responding to and taking care of them. The rendering of the cranes' feathers is very realistic and true to life, not just in the details but also the glossy luster. This treatment of sheen further characterizes the plants shown here, too, with the rose and iris blossoms rendered with equal attention to detail. The theme of crane chicks was not previously common in Chinese painting, but the Chien-lung Emperor once wrote a verse on the subject: "Not until crane chicks come out of their shells, can they thus reach to the skies." Perhaps the upright position of the chicks in this painting was meant to echo the emperor's sentiments.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality silk with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Paulownia Collection Box
Paulownia box has a fine and beautiful luster and texture of wood. On the surface, three-dimensional stamping treatment is applied to add a warm and natural touching. This special material can effectively isolate moisture and dust. It has light quality that is uneasy to deform and wear-resistant and insect-resistant features to provide high preserving conditions for paintings. It is a very good gift suitable to give others or save for your own collection purpose. The interior design of the box can properly handle scroll of pictures, avoiding damage caused by transportation. The box is quite handy and convenient for transportation.
Packing size : Inner package-9×9×102cm、Outer boxz-12×12×105cm
Appendix : Warranty Card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.