Su Shi, a native of Meishan in Sichuan, passed the civil service examinations and became a Presented Scholar in 1057. Renowned for his literary talents, he was equally gifted at poetry, painting, and calligraphy, in the latter of which he was known along with Cai Xiang, Huang Tingjian, and Mi Fu as one of the Four Masters of the Northern Song. In 1082, Su Shih and friends made two trips by boat to the Red Cliff (in Huanggang county, Hubei), after which he composed both a former and latter "Ode on the Red Cliff". In them, he recorded his feelings and observations using an elegant and beautiful choice of words. Also with deep and profound philosophical implications, it became a famous and important work in the history of Chinese literature. In the following year, Su Shih also calligraphed this handscroll for a friend, making this the only surviving "manuscript" copy of his "Ode on the Red Cliff". The brush movement is steady and the ink pure and moist, revealing a peace of mind and well-rounded manner that closely matches Su Shi's all-encompassing view of life as expressed in his ode.
All Giclée are developed on high-quality rice paper with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Classic painting box
The design is based on international boutique-class packaging to create a classic painting and collection box. The box is wrapped with art paper that has import material feeling. On the surface of the paper, three-dimensional bronzing treatment is applied to give a mature, restraining, and fashionable style.
When you open the box, specifically tailor-made design of its internal space allows the picture to sit properly inside and will not be damaged any during transportation. The box is quite handy and convenient for transportation.
Packing size : 5.6×5.6×30cm
Appendix : Warranty Card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5.The margin of 1 cm along the printing is set to protect and for framing. If you have special framing requirements, please leave a message in "Add Comments About Your Order".
6. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
7. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
8. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
9. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.