This hanging scroll, bearing no signature or seal of the painter, represents a herd of deer gathered in a maple forest on an autumn day. Some of the deer stand quietly as others ramble about. The painting method here differs somewhat from traditional Chinese techniques. With its strongly decorative quality, it seems to have been created under the influence of a foreign art style. The deer have been done completely in light ink and washes. The outlines and veins of the tree leaves were first delicately outlined, washes of green applied, then mineral white filled in, and finally more light washes of color added. The colors do not conceal the ink, creating for a brilliant, semi-transparent "floating richness" with its lively hues. The painting thereby exudes a refined quality of soft beauty. An 11th-century record in Comments on Paintings Seen and Heard mentions that paintings of a "thousand deer" were presented to the Sung dynasty under Emperor Shen-tsung (r. 1068–1085) by the Liao dynasty (907–1125) court. This painting may have been related to such a tradition.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us
if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.