Tang Yin (1470–1523) was born in Wuxian, Jiangsu. His style name was Ziwei, another style name was Bohu, and his sobriquet was Liuru. He was very talented and accomplished, and had a character that was optimizing but distant, and not conforming to social norms. In the year 1498, he passed the national exam at the age of 29 in Nanjing. He studied painting with Zhou Chen, but exceeded his master by much. He spent his time studying poetry, writing, and painting, and is considered one of the more masters of that time.
There are four people gathered under the pine tree in a field amongst the mountains. One is holding the teapot pouring, two drinking from their teacups, the fourth is fanning the fire next to the stove, on which a brewer sits, boiling water. Various tea instruments sit on the tea basket on the side. During the Song Dynasty, 'tea fights' were very popular. This was done by pouring boiling water into tea cups that held tea power, stirring until the tea is cloudy, and judging the quality of the tea by the cloud formed of the tea power. This painting has a similar structure to that of the 'Tea Fight' painting by Liu, Songniang (active during the years 1174–1224), the clothing lines seemed very structured, which is different from Tang Yan's style of fluency, and thus is probably a painting by one of his understudies.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us
if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.