Giuseppe Castiglione (Lang Shining) was an Italian Jesuit novitiate trained in painting and architecture. At 27 he arrived in China as a missionary, his artistic skills coming to the court's attention; he served under the Kangxi, Yongzheng, and Qianlong Emperors as a painter. Castiglione did this work at 58. In a natural setting are "three goats", a homophone symbolizing "San-Yang", an Auspicious Start (to the New Year). Using delicate brushwork and refined colors with Chinese and Western methods, the nurturing ewe gently cares for her 2 lambs in a natural and animated scene. Behind is an old plum tree and verdant bamboo done in the free "sketching ideas" style of Chinese painting. This part may have thus been done by another court artist.
The picture has gone through high resolution image processing and professional color management, and been printed on the high-quality art paper to reproduce the original warm texture and delicate colors.
Each item comes with detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Appendix : Detailed Product Information
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
3. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
4. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
5. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
6. Please feel free to contact us
if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.