The original upon which this work is based, by Zhang Zeduan (active early 12th century), is a masterful unfolding of Song dynastylife and customs at the capital of Bian (Kaifeng) in a long handscroll format. This theme, popular in the Northern Song (960-1126),has been copied often throughout the ages. There are seven versions alone in the National Palace Museum, and this one by courtpainters of the imperial painting academy under the Qianlong Emperor (reigned 1736-1795) is one of the most famous. Eachversion reflects not only the painting style but also life and appearances of the period it was made.This version represents a collaboration by five court painters (Chen Mei, Sun Hu, Jin Kun, Dai Hong, and Cheng Zhidao) and was finished in 1736. It can be said to be a copy that combines the style and features of previous versions along with unique customs ofthe Ming and Qing, such as the forms of entertainment popular at the time. The lively activities include a theatrical performance,monkey show, acrobatics, and a martial arts ring to lend a festive air to the scenery.Brilliantly colored and characterized by sure, fine brushwork, this represents a fine example of Qing court painting. Although thishandscroll has lost much of the archaic feel of the Song dynasty version, it is a valuable source of information for late Ming and early Qing life and customs. The style also reflects the influence of Western painting techniques, popular at the court then. The buildingsand streets, for example, were rendered with Western-style perspective, and even some Western-influenced architecture appears.The bridge and buildings are depicted in the ruled-line method ("chieh-hua"), and the figures are also exquisitely detailed.
All Giclée are developed on silk with nanotechnology inks guaranteed by original manufacturers. Passed Weathering Test: resistant to moisture, temperature difference and light pollution.
Each item comes with a limited edition warranty card which describes detailed product information in Chinese, English and Japanese. Customers of different countries can better understand the features and introduction of the products.
Each item comes with National Palace Museum's security label in order to confirm the product quality and authorization.
Hand-made brocade collection box
Hand-made brocade box, using three-dimensional colorful jacquard technique, is interwoven with dragon patterns which symbols royal emperor and turtle back patterns which symbols long living. It is an eclectic design of elegance and grandeur. With glossy brocade, the package gives you a very nice visual and tactile perception, imparting more distinguished quality. The thoughtful design of the inside of box can keep the picture and guaranteed card properly for a long time. It is also convenient to take out the picture for appreciation at any time.
Packing size : Inner package-10.5×12×60cm、Outer boxz-11.5×13×61cm
Appendix : limited edition warranty card
1. This product has been authorized by National Palace Museum. Unauthorized reproduction will be prosecuted.
2. When products are ready for shipment, our customer service representative will contact you and inform on matters such as contents of the shipment and expected delivery time etc.
3. Oversea shipping costs vary differently due to factors such as destination and volume of goods to be shipped. Therefore, the freight shall be taken care of by the buyers and please accept our apology for any inconvenience that caused.
4. In order to protect your rights and interests, please confirm if the received item and quantity are correct. Please also confirm if there are any defects on the product and packaging.
5. Due to the difference in environment and the media material characteristics, it is normal for dimensions of actual product to differ from the specified dimensions by within ±5%.
6. The color of webpage image is slightly different from actual product due to lighting conditions during photo shoot and different display settings. Hence, the image is for reference only. Actual color should be subject to the product received.
7. As of returns and exchanges, please ensure the product is in a completely new condition and with complete packaging (including product, accessories, accompanying documents, and gifts, etc).
8. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more on how the product is used or if you have any questions about the product.